AFL Expert Tips for Round 18, 2022

Stats Insider is here to lend a hand with AFL expert tips for every game this weekend, giving you the edge with your AFL tips for Round 18.

Here a week late? We also have AFL expert tips for Round 19.

If you're looking for a competitive advantage in your tipping competition, our data-driven AFL predictions for Round 18 of the 2022 AFL season provide just that.

As always, Australia's leader in sports analytics have AFL footy tips for Round 18 based on simulating every AFL game thousands of times.

For reference, in a difficult week for AFL tipsters, our Round 17 AFL tips 2022 article correctly tipped six out of nine games.

MORE: NRL Expert Tips for Round 18

AFL Expert Tips for Round 18

Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda

Two teams needing wins to stay in touch with the top eight clash here, with the Western Bulldogs projected as a 65% win probability. St Kilda on the other hand have a 35% chance of winning.

RELATED: AFL Finals Odds and Probabilities 

Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda is at Marvel Stadium on Friday, July 13 at 7:50pm AEST.

Adelaide vs Collingwood

In what is Scott Pendlebury's 350th game, Collingwood has a 59% win probability, whilst Adelaide has a 41% chance of spoiling the party.

Adelaide vs Collingwood is at Adelaide Oval on Saturday, July 16 at 1:45pm AEST.

GWS vs Brisbane

After losing to Essendon in Round 17, Brisbane is our tip in this game with a 57% win probability. The home team in GSW have a 43% win likelihood.

RELATED: Why the Brisbane Lions Should Be Worried

GWS vs Brisbane is at Manuka Oval on Saturday, July 16 at 1:45pm AEST.

North Melbourne vs Richmond

The heaviest favourites of Round 18 are Richmond who are projected as an 85% chance of winning. With the Kangaroos on the search for a new coach, North Melbourne has a 15% win probability.

RELATED: Shai Bolton Is One of the Best Players in the AFL

North Melbourne vs Richmond is at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, July 16 at 4:35pm AEST.

Carlton vs Geelong

In a battle of the best key forward duos in the AFL, our model is tipping Geelong to win at a 59% chance, whilst Carlton is projected as a 41% chance of winning.

RELATED: Geelong Is Now the AFL Flag Favourite

Carlton vs Geelong is at the MCG on Saturday, July 16 at 7:25pm AEST.

Fremantle vs Sydney

Our tip for this game is Fremantle who have a win probability of 60%, with their opponents Sydney projected as a 40% chance of winning.

Fremantle vs Sydney is at Optus Stadium on Saturday, July 16 at 7:30pm AEST.

Hawthorn vs West Coast

With their highest win probability all season, Hawthorn is projected as an 85% chance of winning this week, whilst West Coast have a win probability of 15%.

Hawthorn vs West Coast is at the MCG on Sunday, July 17 at 1:10pm AEST.

Melbourne vs Port Adelaide

Despite losing four of their last six AFL games, Melbourne is our tip in this one with a 69% win probability. Port Adelaide is projected as a 31% chance of winning. 

Melbourne vs Port Adelaide is at TIO Stadium on Sunday, July 17 at 3:20pm AEST.

Essendon vs Gold Coast

In the closest projected game of Round 18, Essendon are slightly favoured with a win probability of 53% against the Gold Coast who have a 47% win probability.

Essendon vs Gold Coast is at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, July 17 at 4:40pm AEST.

Expert AFL Tips 2022 Round 18

  • Western Bulldogs
  • Collingwood
  • Brisbane
  • Richmond
  • Geelong
  • Fremantle
  • Hawthorn
  • Melbourne
  • Essendon

RELATED: Tips for Every AFL Game

All AFL tips this week and probabilities in this article are correct at time of publishing and subject to change. 

Ryan Leaver

A sports fan since before he could talk, Ryan takes a strong interest in the AFL and NBA, with the NFL making its way up the ladder.

Related Articles
Loading...
See All Articles
A new version of Stats Insider is now available! You'll see it when you next reload the page, or you can click here to go to it now!